[Feature request] send an user agent in hkp request

John Clizbe John at enigmail.net
Mon Feb 4 17:22:00 CET 2013

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:56, jeanjacquesbrucker at gmail.com said:
>
>> the logs to detect eventual unexpected behaviours, empty HTTP user
>> agent are always suspicious, and I prefer personally false, liar, or
>> little wordy user-agents, than empty ones.
>
> I don't understand what benefits you gain from that.  The log should
> show which service is accessed and thus you can expect that the client
> knows about keyserver protocol.

Nor do I. I can't say I recall seeing requests for such coming from the SKS
keyserver community either. I think most of us seem to prefer to log less
information about requests than more.  That we've lived so long without any
sort of user-agent header tells me a lot about it's necessity.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net