Several problems with building GnuPG 2 for Windows

Laila Vrazda lailavrazda1979 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:46:59 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 3:25 AM, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2013 19:12, lailavrazda1979 at gmail.com said:
>
> > * Both libassuan and libksba mention a switch in their configure script
> > that doesn't work (--with-libgpg-error-prefix). What does work is
> > --with-gpg-error-prefix. The help should be changed to remove
>
> I wonder which version you are using.  This has been fixed in master
> more than a year ago.  Both options are accepted but we only document
> --with-libgpg-error-prefix.
>
> > * The autogen.sh script for w32pth in the git repository does not
> generate
> > a working configure script. Additionally, its build process is strange;
> the
>
> It actually works for me and has evver worked.  However, note that we
> don't develop w32pth anymore - it has been superseded by npth.
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner
>
> --
> Die Gedanken sind frei.  Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.
>
> As far as I know, I am using the latest versions of everything.

* libgpg-error 1.10
* libassuan 2.0.3
* libksba 1.3.0
* libgcrypt 1.5.0
* gnupg 2.0.19
* w32pth 2.0.4

Also, if w32pth has been superseded, why is there nothing about this on the
website? It has almost no information about building for Windows. Since
w32pth is obsolete, I won't worry about my problems with it, I'll just try
npth.