Supporting fixed length keypad input

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jan 10 09:36:18 CET 2013

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 05:55, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> Thus, I think that getting user's preference from card (the login-data DO)
> would be only a way to handle this.

Which works only with the OpenPGP card.  But I think this is acceptable.

> The flag would be:
>
> 	None:	Don't use keypad

What about: Use keypad if possible.  This way it is backward compatible
to the readers we already support.

> 	0:	Use variable length input,
> 		if keypad is available by reader, and the feature is
> 		supported

If we do it as I sugeste above, we may want to use 't' for this and '0'
to disable the keypad (or use ("disable")).

> 	N,M:	Use fixed length input, if keypad is available by reader
> 		N for user PIN, M for admin PIN.

Makes sense.

Shalom-Salam,