Pageant proxy to gpg-agent

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 21 10:06:18 CET 2013

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 08:20, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> (1) fopen with "wx" seems not to be supported on Windows

Yes, it is a GNU extension.  IIRC, I replaced fopen by es_fopen while
working on the Windows CE port.  Thus 2.1 should have solved this
portability problem.  Shall we backport it?

> (2) When I sent a request of SSH2 REQUEST IDENTITIES, it failed.  The
>     output of log of GPG-Agent is like this:

Are we talkig about 2.0 or 2.1?  While supporting ECC in 2.1, I fixed a
couple of flaws.

> looked through the code of Cygwin, and I realized that the way to
> implement Unix Socket Emulation is mostly same as GnuPG, but differs a
> bit.  I think that it is good to run GnuPG's SSH-agent feature as

Cygwin is very different from native Windows.  I don't know what Cygwin
does (I have not looked at it for more than a decade) but GnuPG uses
local TCP sockets along with a random nonce; thus there are a few extra
bytes at the start of a connection.  The reason to use TCP+random is
that it allows to restrict connections to the localhost.  All other
Windows IPC mechanisms don't allow this or only with a lot of complex
code.  TCP is also mostly compatible to Unix domain sockets.

Salam-Shalom,