Bug 1479: GnuPG curl-shim TCP half-close harms HTTP interop

Phil Pennock gnupg-devel at spodhuis.org
Sat Mar 2 00:56:04 CET 2013

On 2013-03-01 at 17:46 -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> I think you are confused.  The structure ctx is a struct curl_writer_ctx, not a struct CURL.  It's defined in ksutil.h.

Crap, skimmed too quickly, sorry.

> Why did you put "KEY" in front of the key ID of the key?  GPG doesn't do that.

Because I didn't spot documentation and didn't read the source in depth,
I skimmed to get the minimal possible to try to figure out why, in
normal use without invoking the helpers manually, the verbose/debug
output was both showing a key and reporting that no key is found, for
both myself and the other person tracking down the gnupg/keyserver
interop issues.

> Aside from those two points, this works for me.  You snipped most of the output, so the best guess I can give you is that for some reason you're missing the "-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----".

The keys are retrieved, it's just that "--keyserver-options
verbose,debug" erroneously reports that there's no key.

The only thing slightly weird that I see is that SKS is returning an
ASCII-armoured key with LF between each line, but ending the END PGP
marker line with CRLF.

-Phil