Several problems with building GnuPG 2 for Windows

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Mar 4 14:37:48 CET 2013

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:19, lailavrazda1979 at gmail.com said:
> With the latest version of libassuan, HAVE_DOSISH_SYSTEM is still not
> defined for target x86_64-w64-mingw32.

x86_64-w64-mingw32 creates 64 bit Windows binaries - right?

case "${host}" in
    [...]

    x86_64-*mingw32*)
        have_w32_system=yes
        have_w64_system=yes
        ;;
    *-mingw32ce*)
        have_dosish_system=yes
        have_w32_system=yes
        have_w32ce_system=yes
        ;;
    *-mingw32*)
        have_dosish_system=yes
        have_w32_system=yes
        ;;
    [...]

The first listed case defines have_w64_system and the last case is used
for 32 bit Windows.  However, as I already explained several times:
Libassuan and the whole GnuPG system can't be build for W64 (64 bit
Windows binaries).  Even if we already define some variables; this does
not mean W64 is supported!

Salam-Shalom,