CHERRY SmartTerminal ST-2000UC-R

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Mon Mar 11 01:08:57 CET 2013

On 2013-03-10 at 14:32 +0100, Alina Friedrichsen wrote:
> Or what card reader do you recommend?

It depends on your purpose and situation.

I have two pinpad readers which works with GnuPG:

	Gemalto GemPC Pinpad
	Vasco DIGIPASS 920

Gemalto GemPC Pinpad doesn't support variable length pinpad input, so
we need some configuration for GnuPG and we need to put some
information on the card.

Vasco DIGIPASS 920 supports variable length pinpad input, it's good.
But it has a feature of "firewall", and it doesn't allow usual
"VERIFY" command at all, but only allows authentication by its pinpad.
This would not be good for some cases.  And availability of this card
reader would not be good.