how to debug --gen-key on Android

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu May 2 22:34:27 CEST 2013

Hey all,

We are just finishing up a CLI-version of GnuPG for Android to put into the
Play Store for an alpha release.  We have all the key parts working except
--gen-key.  The setup process works fine, but once it starts generating, it
never seems to get any entropy.  I left one overnight and it never printed a
single dot even.

Abel and I checked /dev/random and there are bytes coming in.  We also checked
/proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail and there are bytes available.

Any ideas on where to start here?  We have importing of secret keys working fine.

.hc