using alternate sources of entropy

Abel Luck abel at guardianproject.info
Tue May 7 18:19:02 CEST 2013

Hi,

For various reasons we're exploring alternatives to /dev/random on
Android. Primarily because it doesn't fill fast enough, and we do not
have root access so we cannot write to it.

We've one good source of entropy, the accelerometer, that we would like
gpg-agent to use. Looking through the docs it appears gnupg supports EGD.

EGD would work well, but it is written in perl, which would be a royal
PITA to get working on Android.

The options I've come up with are:

1) Write an EGD in C or Java
2) Hack gnupg source and add our own thing

Neither are particularly attractive. Is there another way to supply
gnupg with entropy?

~abel