GnuPG Command line: now in the Play Store!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu May 9 16:27:48 CEST 2013

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.guardianproject.gpg

This alpha release of our command-line developer tool brings GnuPG to Android
for the first time!

GNU Privacy Guard Command-Line (gpgcli) gives you command line access to
the entire GnuPG suite of encryption software. GPG is GNU’s tool for
end-to-end secure communication and encrypted data storage. This trusted
protocol is the free software alternative to PGP. GnuPG 2.1 is the new
modularized version of GnuPG that now supports OpenPGP and S/MIME.

***Setup***

Before using gpgcli, be sure to launch the app and let it finish its
installation process. Once it has completed, then you're ready to use it.
The easiest way to get started with gpgcli is to install Android Terminal
Emulator. gpgcli will automatically configure Android Terminal Emulator as
long as you have the "Allow PATH extensions" settings enabled. Get the
Android Terminal Emulator at
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm

***Please Report Bugs***

This is an early release of a big project, so there will inevitable be bugs.
Help us improve this software by filing bug reports about any problem that you
encounter. Feature requests are also welcome!
https://dev.guardianproject.info/projects/gpgandroid/issues

***Coming Soon***

★ SECURITY FOR APPS: We have an API in the works so that developers can
easily embed this into any app to give it state of the art security features.

★ GUI: We’re building a graphical user interface for easy key management.

★ STAY UP TO DATE: Sign up for our low-traffic Guardian-Dev mailing list to
be notified when the API and GUI are released: