how to debug --gen-key on Android

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri May 10 08:21:27 CEST 2013

On Thu,  9 May 2013 21:11, abel at guardianproject.info said:
> I can't seem to get log_[info,error] output from libgrcrypt when
> debugging the genkey code in agent.
>
> Is there a way to make gpg-agent setup libgcrypt to use the same
> --log-file as itself?

It does by calling setup_libgcrypt_logging quite early.  If you are
looking for progress output, it is indeed not enabled.  gpg has
provisions to handle PROGRESS status messages, but none are coming for
libgcrypt.  Thus we need to call gcry_set_progress_handler also in
gpg-agent with a handler to emit PROGRESS status lines.

I'll look into this later the day.

Salam-Shalom,