Using OpenPGPcard through PC/SC service and with reader of Short APDU level exchange only

Branko Majic branko at majic.rs
Fri May 17 10:14:00 CEST 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013 09:44:54 +0200
Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 May 2013 02:42, gniibe at fsij.org said:
>
> > not be worth for the rework.  That's because there is just a few
> > readers in industry which support "Short APDU level exchange
> > only",
>
> Actually all Omnicard based readers support only Short APDU level
> exchange via CCID.  I have a small stack of them and they are pretty
> useless with the V2 card on Unix.  In Windows they work well, though.
> Maybe newer models have been fixes - I don't know.

I've had a bit of (mis)experience with this myself. I have been able
to use the extended APDU with OmniKey on GNU/Linux, but only using
their proprietary module (that's with pcscd).

As a side-note, one more thing is that very often (99% of the time) the
contactless interfaces on lots of readers won't work with CCID, and
require proprietary drivers (OmniKey included).

Best regards

--
Branko Majic
Jabber: branko at majic.rs
Please use only Free formats when sending attachments to me.

Бранко Мајић
Џабер: branko at majic.rs
Молим вас да додатке шаљете искључиво у слободним форматима.