pinentry: How to get key id?

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Sat Nov 30 06:18:57 CET 2013

Hi,

I want to add a small patch to pinentry-win32 which first tries to query
the password from a particular source (and only if it cannot be found
there, display the passphrase dialog as usual).

But for this I need to know the key ID for which the password is
queried. But struct pinentry only contains this information in the
description field (as it seems).

However, the last thing I want to do is pattern matching.

Is there a way to find the key id for which the password is queried,
e.g. within the pinentry_loop2 or better, the w32_cmd_handler function?

Thanks,
Luke