gpg-agent miscoordination on homedir

Tone Kastlunger users.giulietta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:53:54 CEST 2013

Hi;
apparently gpg-agent has indeed some issues with non-standard homedirs

I have been trying to get gpg4win to work over gpgme;
but passphrase dialog was not showing in my project and bad passphrase was
always raised.

It kept puzzling me until after alot of googling around I reached this:

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2012-April/044138.html

Basically what I did in my project is to set a custom home directory via
gpgme_ctx_set_engine_info;

pre-starting the gpg-agent with the same argumes as the gpgme would PLUS the
 --homedir set to the same value passed to gpgme_ctx_set_engine_info fixed
the issue and made the pass entry dialog show correctly.

I think it might have something to do with the gpg-agent not finding the
socket descriptor.

Best,
tortoisedoc