Gnuk 1.1.3

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Apr 16 06:38:24 CEST 2014

Hello,

Development version of Gnuk 1.1.3 was released.

Gnuk is an implementation of Cryptographic Token for GnuPG, and it
runs on STM32F103.

This is an experimental version.  While it's daily use for me, this
version is for developers, basically.

In this version, I added the support of Ed25519 curve for EdDSA
signature.  When enabled (manual editing is required to remove
-DRSA_AUTH and add -DEDDSA_AUTH), you can use the EdDSA key with
development version of GnuPG 2.1.x for OpenSSH (as authentication
subkey).

Here is the list of noteworthy change (in 1.1.3):

   * Experimental EdDSA support.

     After configure, you can edit the DEFS variable in src/Makefile,
     so that Gnuk can support EdDSA with Ed25519 (for authentication).
     Note that this is pretty much experimental, and subjects to
     change.

Note that this is highly experimental and the key format is subject to
change soon, you will not be able to keep using your authentication
subkey.

Links:

Gnuk Documentation:
    http://www.fsij.org/doc-gnuk/

Gnuk Repository:
    http://gitorious.org/gnuk/

While Gnuk is software, we have a reference hardware.  It's named
FST-01 (Flying Stone Technology ZERO ONE).  It's PCB design is
available as free hardware design.

FST-01 introduction:
    http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=FST-01

FST-01 Gnuk Handbook (in Japanese);