FAQ: Re: key length

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed Aug 6 11:45:15 CEST 2014

On 2014-07-31 at 10:21 +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> This makes me curious: Is there an example for an OpenPGP implementation
> that only support <= 2048-bit RSA keys? Still in usage?

Although it's OpenPGP card protocol implementation (not OpenPGP
implementation), Gnuk only supports 2048-bit RSA keys.

Key length is an important factor, indeed.  But, I'd say, I prefer
putting my 2048-bit RSA private keys on FST-01 with Gnuk, rather than
holding longer keys on PC.  And it's my practice for this three years.
YMMV.