Should I mark/announce GNOME as incompatible with gpg2 for now?

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Aug 28 16:31:38 CEST 2014

Hello,

It's not new.  It has been incompatible for years, already.

On 08/28/14 19:46, Stef Walter wrote:
> Should I go ahead and announce that gpg2 (version 2.0.23+) is
> incompatible with GNOME and people should USE gnupg 1.4.x with GNOME 3.x
> for now?

Please note that gpg-agent is not the "GPG password caching daemon".

It's not new issue for smartcard/token users and SSH users for gpg2
(both of 2.0 and 2.1) with GNOME.

  (1) When users have smartcard/token, it doesn't work well.

  (2) When users configure the SSH-agent feature of gpg-agent, it
      doesn't work well.

We need to disable the features of gnome-keyring, for years.

However, how to disable the features of gpg-agent/ssh-agent for
gnome-keyring has been changed in version to version.  I had figured
out how to do that in GNOME2 and in younger GNOME 3, but now, I don't
know how we can disable the features in GNOME 3.12 or later (using
proper gpg-agent).