common/t-dns-cert takes a very long time when DNS resolver doesn't answer on TCP

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Dec 22 16:43:15 CET 2014

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 22:32, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> common/t-dns-cert takes a very long time to complete, and it appears to
> be hanging for a few minutes when trying to connect to my local DNS

I have not expereinced that yet.

> i'm not using adns, fwiw.  (should i be?  is adns a recommended configuration
> choice for gnupg?)

I don't use if for Unix either. It is only required for Windows.

BTW, beware of a possible version conflict now that Ian has taken up
ADNS development again after an eternity.  I have always used my own
fork "1.4-g10-N" which has been modified to use autoconf/libtool and
comes with v6 for some time.

Shalom-Salam,