gpg-agent and allow-loopback-pinentry

Fri Dec 26 20:23:27 CET 2014

Am Fr 26.12.2014, 13:35:47 schrieb Patrick Brunschwig:

> I would like to be able to have the user enter type the passphrase in
> my application and then request gpg to do its job. But with gpg 2.1
> this is simply not possible.

I have not used 2.1 yet so I am not sure whether this still applies but
I assume that.

You should be able to do this (see the following link):

http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2013-December/048362.html

1) Create a temporary config dir for gpg/aga-agent.

2) Create a config file for gpg-agent which replaces pinentry with your
own script / program.

3) Use this temporary config dir for creating the key (or for changing
its passphrase).

4) Export the new key.

5) Import the key file to the regular gpg config dir (delete it before if
you just change the passphrase).

Could be easier but at least it should be possible (it is with 2.0.x).

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/
http://userbase.kde.org/Concepts/OpenPGP_Help_Spread