Android gpg-agent crashes in libgcrypt when signing, decrypting, importing secret keys

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Jan 20 16:39:08 CET 2014

On 01/19/2014 04:25 AM, Jussi Kivilinna wrote:
> On 19.01.2014 06:08, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>>> <..snip..>

>>> Have you configured gcc flags correctly for target platform? It seems that
>>> compiler (and libgcrypt assembly) are configured to allow unaligned memory
>>> accesses, but target does not support them.
>>>
> <...snip...>
>>> -Jussi
>>>
>>> [1] http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/ARM-Options.html
>>
>> I forget if I mentioned this before: the build flags are set by the default
>> Android build system.
>>
>> So I built the whole thing again, manually adding -mno-unaligned-access to the
>> libgcrypt build, and the tests seem to be failing in the same place.  I tested
>> head of master on the armv7a emulator, which failed a lot more, and the head
>> of LIBGCRYPT-1-6-BRANCH on the Nexus 7 ARMv7 tablet, which failed in the same
>> places. Any pointers for next steps?
>>

> That's a bit strange. Do you have crash logs of these?
>
> -Jussi

The crash log is here:

https://dev.guardianproject.info/attachments/download/1130/gpg-agent-libgcrypt-mno-unaligned-access-crash-log.txt

If you want to try running it on an Android device
or emulator, you can find a recent build here, but one what does not have
-mno-unaligned-access manually set:

https://guardianproject.info/builds/GnuPrivacyGuard/

.hc