GPGME trouble finding gpg executable.

chris chris.gilg at link-comm.com
Tue Jan 28 06:53:15 CET 2014

> Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans <at> guardianproject.info> writes:

> found, or

> > > That's the conclusion I came to. I know the gpg command is found
because the
> > > other application uses it, and they are set to both look at the same
> > > location. Why the qt application has troubles using it is beyond me.
> >
> > In Android, LD_LIBRARY_PATH had to be set for gpg to find the libraries it
> > needed.  Try thinking about all the various possibilities that might
make the
> > command fail.
> >
> > .hc

I think I figured out my problem. Apparently, it requires
"gpgme-w32spawn.exe" and it looks only ( as far as I have discovered ) for
it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\" otherwise I get "invalid crypto
engine". Still can't figure why that is the case, I was hoping there was a
way to set where it looks for that executable. Thought I would update this
for anyone else who might have this issue.