Android gpg-agent crashes in libgcrypt when signing, decrypting, importing secret keys

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Wed Jan 29 23:59:55 CET 2014

On 01/28/2014 05:48 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:41, hans at guardianproject.info said:
>
>> I don't know if you saw this, but the current builds have these ./configure
>> flags in them:
>> --disable-padlock-support --disable-drng-support --disable-neon-support.  The
>
> FWIW: --disable-neon-support was not working until I fixed that in
> master this afternoon.

That was very helpful!  Now all the tests so far pass on the emulator.  The
problem is that is has gotten stuck on libgcrypt/tests/random for over an
hour.  Its stuck here:

random: now running with options '--early-rng-check --prefer-system-rng'
random: checking whether RNG type switching works in the early stage
random: checking whether RNG type switching works
random: now running with options '--prefer-standard-rng'
random: checking whether RNG type switching works
random: now running with options '--prefer-fips-rng'
random: checking whether RNG type switching works

The full test log is attached, the build log is here:
https://dev.guardianproject.info/attachments/download/1138/gpga-build_with-working---disable-neon-support.txt.bz2

It would be great to also continue to debug the NEON support, since it'll make
a huge difference on Android devices.  I think this change above confirms that
the process is working properly, sounds like the next step is getting Jussi
setup with an Android SDK/NDK and emulator.  I'm happy to help with that
process, it shouldn't take longer than an hour.  In my experience, it
generally much easier to do on Debian/Ubuntu.

.hc