updating test suites WAS: Android gpg-agent crashes in libgcrypt when signing, decrypting, importing secret keys

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu Jan 30 17:48:52 CET 2014

On 01/30/2014 07:38 AM, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 03:59, hans at guardianproject.info said:
>
>> Good news!  Now that --disable-neon-support works, the Android build is
>> passing all of the tests except for libgcrypt/random, which hangs on that
>> prefer-fips-rng test, and libassuan/fdpassing, which I am not sure is needed
>
> FD passing should work on Android because that is a kernel property.
> I took the easy way to implement the test by using system() which
> requires a shell.  This can be fixed.
>
>> on Android.  Also, the gnupg/tests are not run because they require a UNIX
>> shell environment which Android does not have (things like /usr/bin/test,
>> /usr/bin/[, etc)
>
> Good point.  Given that with Windows, VMS, and Android we have a couple
> of non-Unix targets, we may want to rework the test suite.  After all
> the current automake problems may demand a new test driver anyway.

I hope to be able to contribute to the effort of improving the test suite by
integrating Android support in, so I don't need to run them from an external
Makefile, and instead everything needed is included in each gnupg subproject's
build system.  How much time I'll be able to spend on that depends on a lot of
things, including our hiring, whether we get some grants, etc. I'll keep you
posted.  Another possibility is us finding funds to pay someone who is well
situated to work on integrating the Android bits.  Let us know if you know
anyone who might be interested.

.hc