gpgsm, certgen example and de.po fix

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jul 22 10:28:43 CEST 2014

On Monday 21 July 2014 at 16:11:19, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Mon,  7 Jul 2014 15:42, bernhard at intevation.de said:
> There is no real standard for X.509 names thus an examples does not make
> much sense.  Those who want to use X.509 should need to get a template
> for the name anyway from their organization.  gpgsm has a syntax checker
> and marks obvious errors in the name.

In my experience there are two commonly used patterns
a) using the organisational hierarchy
b) using the domain name hierarchy
You'll find them in standard LDAP schemas.

I'm suggesting the change, because while trying this myself, I was unsure at
this point, about what to enter. I consider this an indication that more help
for the user is useful. And giving an example would be similiar to how it is
done in OpenPGP. Maybe the message can be made even more instructive like

(_("Enter the X.509 subject name (the DN as required from your CA)\n"
		"(for example \"cn=Heinrich Heine,o=example,c=org\"):"));

Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner