all keyserver replies rejected by import filter

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 25 10:24:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

GnuPG 2.0.24 compiled against libgcrypt 1.6.1 exhibits a curious
behavior when refreshing keys from a keyserver. In a nutshell, that's
how things go:

$ gpg --refresh-keys
gpg: refreshing 48 keys from hkp://pgp.mit.edu
gpg: requesting key 00F0D0F0 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpg: requesting key 1E42B367 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpg: requesting key 4F25E3B6 from hkp server pgp.mit.edu
gpg: key 00F0D0F0: "Gaetan Bisson <gaetan at fenua.org>" not changed
gpg: key 1E42B367: rejected by import filter
gpg: key 4F25E3B6: rejected by import filter

In other words, any public key other than mine gets rejected by the
import filter. Other Arch Linux users who cared to try gnupg-2.0.24
(currently in our [testing] repository) reported the same problem.

Is there something we can do to prevent this?

If it matters, our package is built against the most recent stable
release of libraries gnupg depends on (libksba-1.3.0, libgcrypt-1.6.1,
pth-2.0.7, libassuan-2.1.1, dirmngr-1.1.1) and here is our build script:

	https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/gnupg

For the record, this issue was first reported here:

	https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/40968

Cheers.

--
Gaetan