gpgme 1.5.0 assumes gpgsm is always present if gpgconf is found

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 26 17:34:37 CEST 2014

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 10:40, ueno at gnu.org said:

> This assumes that all GnuPG components are installed on the system, if
> gpgconf is available, but some distributions split packages for gpgsm,

Right.  I think it is much easier to install everything than to handle
cases of missing tools.  Given that for 2.1 dirmngr is required for gpg,
libksba needs to be installed anyway and thus there is not much to safe
by not installing gpgsm.

However building gpgme should work without the modules being installed;
I currently lack the time to look into this.  Patches welcome.

Shalom-Salam,