building gnupg master from git (oddities and workarounds)

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 26 17:46:28 CEST 2014

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:03, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: `m4/Makefile.in'

I just checked: m4/Makefile.am is in the repo and that configure creates
Makefile.in from it.

> I can work around this with:
>
>  automake --add-missing

That should not be required.  In fact I accidently deleted my whole repo
yesterday (and lost some stashes :-() and thus started from scratch
without any problems.  I always do VPATH builds and I use automake 1.11.6.

>  configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-mailto

Just a reminder to consider re-adding mail based keyserver support.

> Perhaps "automake --add-missing" should be run early on autogen.sh?

No, I like to have all required stuff in the repo.

Salam-Shalom,