New --quick-sign-key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Mar 27 18:00:33 CET 2014

Hi,

I have recently been asked how to simply sign a key with a script.
Given that this question has been raised often enough, I implemented two
new commands:

  gpg2 --quick-sign-key FINGERPRINT [NAMESTRINGS]
  gpg2 --quick-lsign-key FINGERPRINT [NAMESTRINGS]

Without the NAMESTRINGS the command signs all active user ids of the key
patching the FINGERPRINT of the primary key.  With the NAMESTRINGS only
those user ids which match on of the name strings are signed.  The
matching is a simple ascii-case-insensitive matching and does not yet
reflect the full gpg user id selection method.

Backporting that to 2.0 would be some editing work because I had do
change quite some lines.

Salam-Shalom,