smartcard stub not imported

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Thu Nov 20 23:54:54 CET 2014

hi folks--

I just got a report from a user that the issue "smartcard stub not
imported when migrated to gnupg 2.1" [0] has not been resolved.

[0] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.devel/17974

The report was from a debian user who switched to the 2.1.0 package in
debian experimental.

The reporter said that this workaround worked for them:

 gpg-connect-agent learn /bye

But users really shouldn't have to do that.

I don't have a key on a GnuPG smartcard right now, so i haven't tested
the situation myself.

Has anyone tried the upgrade process recently?  should i open this as a
bug report?

    --dkg