[Pkg-gnupg-maint] packaging dirmngr from 2.1.0

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 7 09:31:46 CEST 2014

On Tue,  7 Oct 2014 05:37, eric at debian.org said:

> +1, although does it need to run continuously to keep CRLs up to date?
> Does socket activation allow for that?

No, there is no need for it.  The CRLs are downloaded, verified, and
stored in a cache file as needed.  Timestamps are used to check whether
an update is required.

It would save us a lot of trouble if we could do with a per-user
dirmngr.

>  5) The new dirmngr deliberately fails if /etc/dirmngr/ exists (even for
>>     non-privileged users running dirmngr on their own).  This makes a
>>     transition from the old package to the new package difficult, since
>>     it's possible that config files from the older package are still
>>     present.  Can this check be relaxed to a warning?
>
> Are those config files no longer used in the newer version?

Not from this directory.  But the old config file themself should still
work.  Thus a symlink to /etc/gnupg would do.

Shalom-Salam,