2.1 beta or release

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Oct 26 13:41:13 CET 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:25, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
> On Fri 2014-10-24 10:51:20 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:
>> shall I do another beta before doing the release or shall I declare it
>> ready, wait for some folks to report problems from a git build, and do
>> the release after fixing them?
>
> having explicitly tagged explicit releases (beta or otherwise) makes it
> more straightforward for me to package it for debian, so i prefer that
> over trying to package the git head.

 ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gnupg/unstable/gnupg-2.1.0-beta895.tar.bz2

with

Noteworthy changes in version 2.1.0 (unreleased)

 * gpg: All support for v3 (PGP 2) keys has been dropped.  All
   signatures are now creates as v4 signatures.

 * gpg: With pinentry-0.9.0 the passphrase "enter again" prompt shows
   up in the same window as the "new passphrase" prompt.

 * gpg: Allow importing keys with duplicated long key ids.

 * Dirmngr may now be build without support for LDAP.

 * For a complete list of changes see the lists of changes for the
   2.1.0 beta versions below.

You may also want to checkout pinentry-0.9.0.

Shalom-Salam,