Should I mark/announce GNOME as incompatible with gpg2 for now?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Mon Sep 1 22:47:24 CEST 2014

NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> writes:

> However, how to disable the features of gpg-agent/ssh-agent for
> gnome-keyring has been changed in version to version.  I had figured
> out how to do that in GNOME2 and in younger GNOME 3, but now, I don't
> know how we can disable the features in GNOME 3.12 or later (using
> proper gpg-agent).

mkdir ~/.config/autostart/
cp /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-gpg.desktop ~/.config/autostart/
echo 'Hidden=true' >> ~/.config/autostart/gnome-keyring-gpg.desktop

As far as I know, there is no GUI to do this in modern GNOME.  It used
to be possible through gnome-session-properties, but there is no way to
do the same with gnome-tweak-tool.

/Simon