libgpg-error symbol visibility

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Fri Sep 12 16:46:41 CEST 2014

On 09/11/2014 01:01 PM, Werner Koch wrote:
> I do not think that this is really a dependency.

well, debian packaging tracks symbols and symbol versions, so our
systems are likely to treat it as a hard dependency anyway, which i
think is probably the right thing for a binary distribution (most users
are unlikely to understand what the warning message means or to know how
to resolve it).

> I would fear more the new constructor which adds an atexit callback and
> uses a lock in the callback.

Thanks for the heads-up.  Can you help me understand more concretely
what i should fear here?  I'd be happy to try to test for any problems
you think might show up for users of the newer versions of libgpg-error.

Is the concern a hang on process exit?

	--dkg