Why 2.1 is delayed for so long

Ximin Luo infinity0 at pwned.gg
Mon Sep 22 21:23:33 CEST 2014

On 22/09/14 20:12, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> Hi Ximin--
>
> On 09/22/2014 03:07 PM, Ximin Luo wrote:
>> Hi, I should probably have chimed in earlier. Originally I was referring to the GPG manual:
>>
>> https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Unattended-GPG-key-generation.html
>>
>> In DETAILS.gz in version 2.1, the section on "Unattended key generation" now has been deleted and says "Please see the GnuPG manual for a description", which I assume refers to the above page. I had hoped this might be in the gnupg-doc package, but this is not the case.
>
> i can see this in my debian system by running:
>
>  info gnupg
>
> and then from the info browser, searching (ctrl-s) for 'unattended key
> generation' (without the quotes).
>
> Perhaps autobuilding and shipping the PDF would make this info more
> visible within debian as well?
>
> 	--dkg

Ah, whoops. I don't think adding a PDF would have helped me - I used `dpkg -L gnupg` and `dpkg -L gnupg-doc` and my eyes missed a single info file.

I think all that is needed to fix this, is to update the man page:

--gen-key
       [..]
       There is also a feature which allows you to create keys in batch mode. See the file ‘doc/DETAILS’ in the source distribution on how to use this.

If this said directly "the Texinfo manual", I'm pretty confident I would have found it by myself. "GnuPG manual" doesn't immediately bring Texinfo to mind.

GPG: 4096R/1318EFAC5FBBDBCE
git://github.com/infinity0/pubkeys.git