Private key transfer format

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Apr 9 17:17:04 CEST 2015

On Thu,  9 Apr 2015 16:00, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> Yes, I think that we can just drop the support of --export-secret-keys
> for smartcard, and fix documentations.

Okay

> Well, in my opinion, it is unlikely there are some smartcard users who
> expect serial number exact check by GnuPG with --export-secret-keys in
> a machine and --import on another machine.

FWIW, there is a bug report that moving a key from one smart card to
another does not update the stub file.  We may want to check for
conflicting serial number is a stub file and either a) update the stub
file with the new serial number or b) allow to store several serial
numbers in one stub file.  The latter would be useful if several persons
have a smartcard with the same key and use the same box or if you create
several smartcards for backup purposes.

Salam-Shalom,