gpg --refresh with large keyrings and hkps in 2.1.1

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 20 11:34:10 CEST 2015

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:17, guilhem at fripost.org said:

> Doesn't gpg use a single connection for the whole --refresh-keys?  AFIK
> the 10min windows (‘MaxCircuitDirtiness’ in the torrc) is only relevant
> for new connections; I doubt tor client kills existing TCP connections

At the gpg (or better openpgp) summit last weekend we talked about this
and came up with the idea to add a --use-tor option to make it easier to
use TOR.

> Unfortunately this is broken with 2.1, because dirmngr currently doesn't
> honor --http-proxy  (Issue1786).

Right.  The reason I put a fixme in the code was to first decide whether
to break some existing options and put all network related code into
dirmngr.

I will work on these things with a higher priority.

Salam-Shalom,