Memory Hole protected e-mail headers

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Aug 4 19:15:47 CEST 2015

On Tue 2015-08-04 07:04:00 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 2015 21:31, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:
>
>>  * a description of how protected headers are structured, and how to
>>    interpret them
>
> Is there a discussion on the pros and cons of rfc822-headers vs. TOP
> level MIME object headers?

I just sent some discussion about that in response to Daiki Ueno's
post.  Happy to discuss it more if there are more questions.

>>  * rough guidance on how to generate different forms of these messages.
>
> Sorry, I only see an outline of that guidance.

yes, it's *very* rough.  I'd welcome any patches that flesh out the
guidance more fully.

> [Why the hell a proprietary service like Github?]

I share your dislike of github and other proprietary centralizers in
general.  For memoryhole, i see Github as merely a place to post the
repository and make it easy for people to get to it and to look at parts
of it without having to clone it.  Thanks to the underlying
decentralization of git itself, we'll be able to move the corpus
elsewhere easily should github misbehave and someone else volunteer to
perform the administrative duties of hosting public web presence.

The repository is also available here for people who don't want to clone
from github:

 git://lair.fifthhorseman.net/~dkg/memoryhole

and as i said in the initial announcement, e-mailed patches are quite
welcome.

Regards,

        --dkg