pinentry 0.9.5 fails with g++ 5 : unrestricted unions only available with -std=++11 or -std=gnu++11

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Wed Aug 5 11:20:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Wednesday, August 05, 2015 02:17:43 AM Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> I haven't tried to build from git master yet.  maybe the removal of the
> custom textentry field will remove this concern?  or should i be adding
> -std=c++11 to the CFLAGS?
>
> Someone posted a brief explanation of the error message on stackoverflow:
>
>  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5548636/what-are-unrestricted-unions-pr
> oposed-in-c11

As the whole secstring / std::string handling is now removed I can compile
current master with gcc-5.2.0 (I've only tested windows target with qt5 but it
should not make a difference).

As a workaround for 0.9.5 adding -std=c++11 should be ok for versions < 0.9.6

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  |  http://www.intevation.de/