gpg-agent protocol

Dubravszky József mail at joed.hu
Wed Dec 2 16:17:29 CET 2015

Hello,

Before I do any coding or trials I would like to clear some GPG4Win
questions.

Atsuhiko Yamanaka made an excellent Eclipse SSH agent plugin
(https://github.com/ymnk/jsch-agent-proxy) to proxy SSH agents to Eclipse
subsystems. Currently it supports ssh-agent on Linux and Pageant on Windows.
As of GPG4Win 2.2 the gpg-agent.exe can function as an SSH agent for Putty.
It would be just awesome to be able to use gpg-agent.exe in Eclipse. For
that, a connector needs to be developed but first I would like to get
information on how could I "talk to" the gpg-agent.exe? The Pageant
connector uses Win32 shared memory operations. My question might sound
silly, but is there anything that would prevent me writing a connector that
uses the same Win32 shared memory operations based protocol?
I also recognized that on Windows an S.gpg-agent.ssh file is created in the
users roaming AppData
(C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\gnupg\S.gpg-agent.ssh), that pretty much
resembles a Unix socket. As far as I know there is no such compatible domain
socket on Windows, but what is this file then?

Thank you for your help.

BR,

joe