docs

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 4 10:45:29 CET 2015

On Mon,  5 Jan 2015 09:11, dave.pawson at gmail.com said:

> You must run scripts/autogen.sh before doing the./configure

scripts/ is from gnupg-1.4 but even there we have a wrapper thus
./autogen.sh works tehre too.  I changed that.

> script autgen.rc differs from this, having
> final_info="./configure --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-maintainer-mode  && make"

I changed the wording to avoid the conflict.  Actually --sysconfdir is
an option and thus not required.  However, I do not think that the use
of /user/local/etc is a good idea and thus I always use this options.

"./configure --help" briefly explains all options.  Like --prefix,
--sysconfdir is a standard configure option.

Thanks.

Shalom-Salam,