restrict the set of accepted digest algorithms

Tue Feb 10 11:29:53 CET 2015

Am Di 10.02.2015, 03:45:31 schrieb HW42:

> is there an option to restrict the set of "accepted" (see below) set
> of digest algorithms (after searching the man page I don't think so)?

That is not possible (in the general case and the one you are interested
in) because the standard required SHA-1 to be accepted.

But, of course, you are not required to use the exit code for a
decision. Run

gpg -v --status-fd 1 --verify

and check the output for a line starting with "[GNUPG:] VALIDSIG". It if
appears then the seventh field after VALIDSIG is the digest algo number.
Check that against your set.

Hauke
--
Crypto für alle: http://www.openpgp-schulungen.de/fuer/unterstuetzer/