please change the default hashing algorithm

Andrew Clausen andrew.p.clausen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 20:23:46 CEST 2015

Excerpts from Ben McGinnes's message of 2015-07-14 18:47:45 +0100:
> > gpg: original file name='test.txt'
> > test
> > gpg: Signature made Mon 13 Jul 2015 10:16:53 BST using DSA key ID 73207F13
> > gpg: using PGP trust model
> > gpg: Good signature from "test test (test) <test at test>"
> > gpg: binary signature, digest algorithm SHA1
> >
> > I had trouble building gpg-2.0.28 (gettext too old) and gpg-2.0.26
> > (make didn't know how to build audit-event.h).  I can dig deeper if
> > that helps, but my guess is that this is clear enough...
>
> That can be fixed with the digest preferences.

It's kind of you to offer your help, but my email wasn't a request for support.
I was requesting that GPG be modified so that it doesn't use insecure hashing
algorithms by default.  It seems that "modern" GPG does this, but not "classic"
GPG, which I believe is more popular.

Kind regards,
Andrew