OpenPGP Card version 3.0 Availability

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Tue Jun 9 15:25:52 CEST 2015

On 06/08/2015 07:53 PM, Sand, Harrison wrote:
> I saw on g10code that the OpenPGP Card version 3.0 specification was
> released last week. (http://g10code.com/docs/openpgp-card-3.0.pdf)
>
> Are there any estimates to when this card will be publicly available?

I don't have any information about the card 3.0.  I mean, the product
itself.  But I know about GnuPG and Gnuk.

GnuPG "modern" 2.1 will be ready for the OpenPGPcard specification
version 3.0.  The required code for ECC has already implemented in the
repository.  For other support, if needed, code will be added.

Gnuk 1.1.5 is mostly compatible to the OpenPGPcard specification
version 3.0 and users can use ECC with NIST P-256 curve now.  I don't
think people want to use NIST P-256 curve, though.

Well, I am going to post Gnuk 1.1.5 release.