gpgme 1.5.5 tests failing

Daiki Ueno ueno at gnu.org
Fri Jun 12 21:43:41 CEST 2015

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg at fifthhorseman.net> writes:

>>> t-encrypt.c:60: GPGME: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>>
>> That is:
>>
>>   err = gpgme_get_key (ctx, "A0FF4590BB6122EDEF6E3C542D727CC768697734",
>> 		       &key[0], 0);
>>   fail_if_err (err);
>>
>> Any other special configuration of gpg or gpg-agent?
>
> Not that i'm aware of.  The headless build system where these errors
> show up is using cowbuilder inside a chroot.  This means no
> pseudo-terminal is directly attached to the build/test process -- i
> don't know whether that's relevant.  i'm stumped by this right now :/

The error looks similar to the one I got for ruby-gpgme, when running
on Heroku:
https://gist.github.com/vovayartsev/a466aa82320b84f32b13
(the original issue: https://github.com/ueno/ruby-gpgme/issues/26)
where it seems to be failing in ttyname_r usage in GPGME.

I have not tried it by myself, but ArchLinux people tweak the mount
option of /dev/pts to work around this:
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2011-October/001953.html
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-projects/2011-October/001994.html

Regards,