trustdb calculation very slow (gpg2.0 vs gpg1)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jun 23 16:21:54 CEST 2015

Hi
on a Debian GNU/Linux Jessie system I have a defect that
the trust calculation of a cert is taking a lot of time.
Almost 2 minutes with 100%cpu.
This used to be different with early gnupg2 versions I've used
and it is different to gpg (1), where it were 20 seconds.

No report found, thus seem to depend on my trustdb.
Any ideas on how to create a good report/debug?

Details:
How to recreate:
gpg2 --delete-key 52D717F3
time LANG=C gpg2 -v --recv-keys 52D717F3
real    1m57.144s
user    1m46.560s
sys     0m9.296s

# as compared to gpg verison 1
gpg2 --delete-key 52D717F3
time LANG=C gpg --recv-keys 52D717F3
real    0m19.840s
user    0m18.192s
sys     0m0.900s

ii  gnupg          1.4.18-7     i386         GNU privacy guard - a free PGP re
ii  gnupg2         2.0.26-6     i386         GNU privacy guard - a free PGP re

With 2.0.25-99intevation2 on Wheezy I did not notice the issue,
but of course, my trustdb changed over time.

Thanks in advance,
Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner