trustdb calculation very slow (gpg2.0 vs gpg1)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jun 24 09:17:35 CEST 2015

Peter,

On Tuesday 23 June 2015 at 23:35:14, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
> I am just having a fully configured VirtualBox VM of Jessie with Gnome
> 3 available, but I am not having this problem:

thanks for trying to reproduce!
As your result is showing as well:
It probably depends on my .gnupg data like the contents of my trustdb,
private keys and settings.

Of course I cannot just make this available,
so I am grateful for hints to find out more about the issue.

I could try to export, delete and reimport the trustdb, but because
gpg 1.4 works on it a lot better I assume that it is not a simple structural
problem of my trustdb. (Which I hope both gpg versions would detect.) So I am
not sure, if this is a good step to take.

Best,
Bernhard

Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, Germany; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Owned and run by Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner