PKA updates

Michael Felt aixtools at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:09:14 CET 2015

My two cents - more organizational than technical.

Any technology, to gain acceptance, needs to be easy to implement - so that
the benefit overwhelms you. The technology might not be perfect - a 1st
generation, basically by definition - never is.

However, if the benefit is clear - AND minimal/no (further)
organizational/management load to provide "some additional" security -
then, even if not perfect adoption starts.

What I read above is that the technology will be able to (better) support
management in how to setup "this new feature" and it will be easier to
automate better secrecy (aka encryption) of e-mails than now. I hope I got
that part right at least.

So, a choice between nothing, or something AND easy to implement, may be a
first step into gaining ADOPTION of PKA, DNSSEC, XXX.

Maybe - rather than being initially concerned with the encryption of
messages - a way to automate the signing and verification of messages will
be something that will interest users.

In short - fulfill a need and technology (improvements) will follow.

Michael