keyring search regression in master

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 11 08:41:00 CET 2015

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 07:57, gniibe at fsij.org said:

> It was introduced by the function check_user_ids.  It searches once,
> and then, in the line 2198, it searches again.  Here, packets up to
> the next PKT_PUBLIC_KEY will be skipped and subkeys are not registered
> to the hash table.  Next time keyring_search will be called, the call
> to lookup_offset_hash_table will fail (as the subkey is not
> registered) and returns -1.

Thanks for the analysis.  Actually I was bugged by the problem myself
and resorted to revert commit e8c53fc for my own use.

See  https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue1128

> I think that this bug should be fixed before the release of 2.1.10.

I won't be able to do the monthly release this week anyway.  Thus there
is time left to sort this out (Neal is on vacation, though)

Shalom-Salam,