The --use-tor option

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Oct 20 21:18:01 CEST 2015

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 16:34, simon at josefsson.org said:

> Where would you get the IP address of the DNS server to use with ADNS?

8.8.8.8

A --nameserver option to be used in dirmngr.conf will obviously be added.

> I recall discussions with Christian Grothoff about doing a small
> asynchronous library for "name resolution" that could resolv A, AAAA,
> CERT, DNAE etc records from DNS, or through other protocols too.  The

ADNS is such a library.  Christian's problem is that he needs LGPLed
code.  ADNS is GPL which is fine for GnuPG.

> library would talk to a local daemon that performed the actual name
> resolution, over TOR, using gNS, or whatever.  The admin could configure
> it to talk to a DNS server over TOR, or possibly each app could request
> special handling (like TOR routing).

He could also use dirmngr to ask for such records. CERT, PKA and DANE
are already supported and I would also like to add GNS support to access
them.

Salam-Shalom,