TOFU: interacting with the user

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Oct 22 15:16:16 CEST 2015

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 15:35, neal at walfield.org said:

> Second, pinentry doesn't currently support TOFU's queries!  When a

Right, this is on purpose.  When not using Tofu and the key can't be
verified, gpg already ask the user whether to use use the key anyway.
There has never been a request to do move this to Pinentry.  Instead the
calling application should display a warning that the key can't be used
but allow the user to override this (using GPGME_ENCRYPT_ALWAYS_TRUST).

> key.  There are five choices (good, accept once, unknown, reject one,
> bad).  Currently, pinentry only supports up to three buttons.  A hack

Similar to what we have now: "yes", "no" ;-)

Shalom-Salam,